Thursday, March 31, 2011

A FACE FOR RADIO


One of the things I didn't realize until the weekend I candidated here in Gaylord is that I would have a weekly radio show of sorts every Wednesday morning. Pastor Jim has done this for years and has found it a great way to connect with the community. Pastor Jim and I did the show together yesterday morning to introduce me to the community. It's more of an informal 15-20 minute conversation with Mike, the morning DJ at FM 101.5 - The Eagle! Mike is a wonderful guy and makes the format we use very easy. For the most part, we will pick a topic each week and just talk about it. Mike will ask me questions and I will share my thoughts. It should be a lot of fun. I just can't imagine my high squeaky voice over the radio airwaves. I definitely don't have the "voice" for radio but I do have the "face" for it!


Speaking of radio stations - Pastor Joe took me on a tour yesterday afternoon of Gaylord and I was able to visit the Northern Christian Radio station which is right next door to the church. When we pulled into the parking lot I couldn't figure out how they could get the number of people represented by the cars in the parking lot into that little building. But once you get inside you realize that the building is much bigger than it appears from the road. It is a great place - very well designed - and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the layout and hearing George Lake talk about the ministry the radio station has all throughout northern Michigan.


So, if your live in the Gaylord, MI area be sure to tune into FM 101.5 every Wednesday morning somewhere around 8:20 or 8:25 to hear my high, squeaky voice. If you usually listen to The Promise FM, I'm sure George Lake won't mind if you switch stations on your dial for that 15-20 minutes or so each Wednesday. But no matter where you live, please join me in praying that God will continue to use that weekly connection to the community to stair-step people closer to Jesus Christ and His Word.

Be sure to red my other blog entitled "Hope For Hurting Pastors" at www.hurtingpastor.blogspot.com. You can leave a comment at either blog or email me directly at skdistler@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! I've with e-free for 6 years now and never knew that pastor jim did that!!! I'll look forward to remembering this ministry!