Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Treasure Map for the Church


Who doesn’t daydream of finding a treasure map that leads you to a buried treasure more valuable than anything you could ever imagine? I know I do. Well, let me introduce you to a “A MAP” that leads to the most valuable treasure of all…the souls of men, women, boys and girls. The Apostle Paul had “A MAP” for evangelism. It is very evident what it was as you read First Corinthians 9:19-23. Paul’s map was to win:

A = As

M = Many

A = As

P = Possible

Notice the repeated phrases:

That I may win more” (v19)

That I may win Jews” (v20)

That I might win those who are under the Law” (v20)

That I might win those who are without the Law” (v21)

That I might win the weak” (v22)

And then in verse 22, he gives us the code to the map. It’s plain and it’s simple…“I have become all things to all men so that I may by all means save some.”

It reminds me a lot of what one of my spiritual heroes, Dr Jerry Falwell, called "Saturation Evangelism." He defined "Saturation Evangelism" as "Reaching every available person by every available means at every available time."

That's my prayer for Gaylord E-Free Church! I pray every day that we will be a local body that sees lost souls as a high priority, as a treasure, and that we will always be willing to "become all things to all men" in order to reach "as many as possible."

After all, just read the map!

No comments: