Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sea of Galilee - Journal Entry #4


Over the last 5 Sundays we have looked here at the Gaylord E-Free church at the main events that took place in the life of Jesus on or by the Sea of Galilee in a message series we called "Summer by the Lake." I love the Sea of Galilee. Of all the places I have ever visited, the Sea of Galilee is my favorite. Below is one of the journal entries I wrote after my first visit to Israel and the Sea of Galilee:




November 6, 2006


Realizing that it would be my last morning at the Sea of Galilee, a place that I have absolutely fallen in love with, I set the alarm for 5:20am so that I could get up, shower, get dressed, and then have one final hour alone sitting by the sea. I only wish it could have been longer.

My wife and I will be returning to Israel and the Sea of Galilee in October 2012. If you would like more information regarding going with us to Israel email me at skdistler@gmail.com or visit the following website:

www.visitisraelwithpastorscott.blogspot.com

No comments: