Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Dialogue on the Shoreline of Forgiveness


Jesus: “Simon, son of John, do you truly love Me more than these?”

Peter (tentatively): “Yes, Lord, You know that I love You!

Jesus (compassionately): “Feed My lambs.”

Jesus: “Simon, son of John, do you truly love Me?”

Peter (ashamed): “Yes, Lord, You know that I love You!”

Jesus: “Take care of My sheep.”

Jesus: “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?”

Peter (angered): “Lord, You know all things. You know that I love You!”

Jesus: “Feed My sheep.”

Jesus: “I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” (Pause) “Follow Me.”

Peter (pointing to another disciple): “Lord, what about him?”

Jesus: “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?” (Pause) “You, follow Me!”

This is the dialogue that we will be looking at this Sunday that occurred around a fire after a morning breakfast of fish on the shoreline of the Sea of Galilee. I will actually be preaching from within the story. It is my favorite setting to preach in. Don't miss this Sunday at Gaylord E-Free. In fact, be sure to invite someone to attend with you. This Sunday we will visit the "Shoreline of Forgiveness."

No comments: