Friday, July 15, 2011

The B-I-B-L-E


If you grew up in church you'll remember this song:

The B-I-B-L-E!
Yes, that's the book for me!
I stand alone on the Word of God!
The B-I-B-L-E!

I still believe in the words of that song. In fact, my view of Scripture is so high that some have actually accused me of "worshipping" the Bible. That's ridiculous. I don't worship the Bible, I worship the God of the Bible. But I have a very high regard for the Bible. That's why I almost always ask our church to stand each time I read the Scripture. Below is what I firmly believe about the Bible. And on these truths I will never be moved:

I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of the living God! It is in fact, God's Word!

I believe that the Bible is inerrant in its original writings! It is perfect and without mistake!

I believe that the Bible has been supernaturally and accurately preserved for us today!

I believe that the Bible is the final authority for doctrine and life! It must be believed and obeyed!

I believe that the Bible is sufficient! It contains everything God wants us to know to do everything God wants us to do!

I believe that the Bible should be read, studied, memorized, meditated upon, and obeyed!

The B-I-B-L-E!
Yes, that's the book for me!
I stand alone on the Word of God!
The B-I-B-L-E!

3 comments:

Glen said...

Amen Brother... Amen!

Ryan Sharpe said...

100% with you on this Brother!
This country and this world would be completely transformed if all Christians fell in love with spending time with God through reading/studying the bible. It is our answer to everything we need to know in life and how we respond to life's challenges. It's our manual for this 70-100 year journey. It is Christin the flesh between some leather binding. (not literally for those who might read this and think I mean something different) It is truly a gift from God!

Pastor Scott said...

Glen and Ryan! Thanks for being men who are committed to Scripture. I am so thankful to have men like the two of you in our church here at E-Free!