Monday, July 18, 2011

Sea of Galilee - Journal Entry #1


Over the last 5 Sundays we have looked here at the Gaylord E-Free church at the main events that took place in the life of Jesus on or by the Sea of Galilee in a message series we called, "Summer by the Lake." I love the Sea of Galilee. Of all the places I have ever visited, the Sea of Galilee is my favorite. Below is one of the journal entries I wrote after my first visit to Israel and the Sea of Galilee:


November 4, 2006

After breakfast this morning, while Laura was finishing getting ready, I walked down to the shore of the Sea of Galilee and spent about 15 minutes just looking. Jesus would have spent much of His time at this sea. I could almost picture Him and the disciples out in a boat; or Him in a boat off shore teaching the crowds; or Him calming a storm or walking on the water; or maybe Him just sitting by the shore around a fire talking to Peter. I couldn’t help but wonder if maybe at one time He sat in the same spot I was sitting in looking out over the water.


My wife and I will be returning to Israel and the Sea of Galilee in October 2012. If you would like more information regarding going with us to Israel email me at skdistler@gmail.com or visit the following website:

www.visitisraelwithpastorscott.blogspot.com

No comments: