Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I Have Been Set Free


When my son was growing up he played a lot of sports (basketball, baseball and soccer). As an avid sports fan, there were few things I enjoyed more as a dad than watching my kids play sports (my daughter also played soccer and volleyball). But that doesn't even come close to the joy and pride I feel when I watch my son use his music to glorify God and lead people in worship. Jonathan is a very talented musician and song-writer - and he is an outstanding worship leader. He is currently a Worship Arts Major at Liberty University and I can't wait to see what God has in store for him. Jonathan has written a new song entitled, "I Have Been Set Free." I know that I am somewhat biased but I happen to think it is quite good. You can listen to a rough version of it and some of his other songs at the link below:




Be sure to read my other blog as well entitled "Hope For Hurting Pastors" at www.hurtingpastor.blogspot.com. You can also leave a comment at either blog or email me directly at skdistler@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jonathan will make it "big" someday and I will be proud to say I know that Kids parents. Hope things are well with you guys, think of you often. Things are going very well here. Have a great day!! Pat G

Pastor Scott said...

Thanks, Pat! I sure think he's pretty special. I appreciate your thoughts! We think of you often! Blessings!