Monday, August 09, 2010

God's Whisper in The Land Between (part 1)


I attended the Leadership Summit this past Thursday and Friday. This conference is presented by Bill Hybels and the Willow Creek Association our of South Barrington, Illinois and is simulcast all over the world. We attended the simulcast at LCBC. There were two sessions that really captured me.

The fist was Bill Hybel's opening session as he talked about leading people from "here" to "there." Though every principle he shared I needed to hear, it was his last point that registered with me personally. It was on the fact that God still speaks today through the prompting of His Holy Spirit in our lives and we need to take time to listen to God as He whispers to us in these ways. He then challenegend us to take time to ask God to prompt us - to whisper to our heart a simple 2 or 3 word message that we need to hear and follow in obedience.

Right now I am asking God to whisper a couple words to me. The book, The Power of a Whisper, by Bill Hybels, is is a book I will be reading in the very near future. Tomorrow I will share about the other session that really ministered to my heart.

No comments: