Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Countdown to Empty Nest


Today we take our youngest - our son, Jonathan, down to Liberty Univeristy for his freshman year as a Worship Arts Major. Come Thursday we will say our "good-byes" and drive home (crying all the way, I'm sure). "Empty Nest" officially begins for Laura and I this week. Though I am very excited about the direction God is leading our kids, and I could not be more thrilled that they are at Liberty (for Laura and I that is like sending them 'home'), the truth is that the dynamic in our home will never again be the same. But I continue to trust in this fact that is true for every follower of Jesus - THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

1 comment:

Gina Wood said...

I think it's natural to be a little sad when you're kids move on, but that is what we raise them to do. To develop independence from us and create their own life. We were living empty nest for a few years before Aaron's accident and it was great. People would always ask if we were sad that the kids weren't at home anymore. We always felt just a touch of guilt because we weren't sad at all, so we would respond that we really love our kids, but we're having a blast living alone. We would refer to ourselves as living single (we're practically one unit!). Enjoy. :)