Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cheesiest Christian Pick-Up Lines


I was watching a video this week of a speaker at a Christian College who was starting a series on sex, love and dating. It was very good. He was describing how there is little difference between Christians and Non-Christians when it comes to being desperate for a relationship. We have all heard cheesy pick-up lines in our time. But usually, the Christian world has its own form of whatever the secular world has. So what would be the cheesiest pick-up lines in the Christian world? Here are some options the speaker proposed. None of them are met in any way to be off color so don’t read too much into any of them:

Why yes, I’ve written 4 of the 5 Love Languages!

Is this pew taken?

For you, I would slay 2 Goliaths!

You are so unblemished I would sacrifice you!

Are we on the Mount of Transfiguration, because you’re glowing?

Solomon had 700 wives because he never met you!

You put the “cute” in persecution!

Before I come any closer let me take my sandals off, because you are holy ground!

Yeah, I have a Bible verse tattoo…it’s in Greek!

I would leave 99 sheep to come and find you!

The next two lines work especially well for Calvinists:

Is your name Grace, because you’re irresistible?

I didn’t believe in predestination until tonight!

The final two cheesiest Christian pick up lines are my personal favorites:

I believe you have one of my ribs!

How would like to join my Purpose Driven Live?

So what would you add to the list? Who knows, maybe this blog and your additions will help someone in our own church find their one true love!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about

Hello, may I read the label on the back of your collar; I want to know where angels buy their clothes!

Or keep it simple.

Hello, Im (state your first name), "how am I dong so far"?

Anonymous said...

Haha. Where can I find this video?

Magic Mike said...

What's your name and number so I can add you to my "prayer" list?

Hey, I hear there's going to be a love offering tonight.

Pastor Scott said...

Hey Magic Mike! Great to hear from you, my friend. The 'love offering' one is classic!!!

Anonymous said...

Has Matt seen this blog yet?

Pastor Scott said...

Anonymous...are you kidding? He wrote most of them!!