Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The Ginsu God - Part 2


If you did not read yesterday’s posting, be sure to do so before reading todays!

Paul says that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask. Did you get that? God is continually capable of performing super abundantly in quantity beyond anything we could ask Him to do. WOW! Did you get that? No, you didn’t! How do I know you don’t get it? Simple. What is the biggest thing you have asked God for in the past 7 days? My guess is not much, right? Folks listen, if we really believed that we served a God who is continually capable of performing super abundantly in quantity beyond anything we could ask, than I have one really important question – why aren’t we asking for bigger things? Why aren’t we believing God for greater things?

But wait! There’s even more! Paul goes on to say that God is continually capable of performing superabundantly in quantity above not just what we ask, but also beyond what we think. It is a word that has the idea of “imagining.” Folks, God can do more than anything we could ever dream! Imagine that! So let me ask you the obvious question. Why aren’t we dreaming more? One of my favorite quotes I have ever read, in fact it’s hanging in my office, came from the late great evangelist of yesteryear, D.L. Moody, who said, “If God be your partner, make your plans large!’ I love that quote. I believe!

That is why my dreams and prayers for Grace Church are not small. I dream of a church where every adult is plugged into a Connect Group. I dream of a church where every believer has been baptized; where every believer is serving; where every believer is giving. I dream of a church that has 5 weekend services on campus and several satellite campuses in other locations in which we are meeting over 10,000 people right where they are and helping to move them to where God wants them to be. I dream of being able to sink a few million dollars into renovating the other end of our facility into a state of the art wing for meeting and moving children and students. I dream of turning our land across the street into a top-notch sports and recreational park where hundreds and hundreds of people in our community are coming in contact with Grace Church every single week. I dream of a big county wide event this June down at Clipper Magazine Stadium that will allow us to meet 15,000+ people and then have opportunity to move them a step closer to where God wants them to be. And that’s just scratching the surface of my dreams for Grace Church. I could go on and on but I’ll stop there though because I know that I am freaking some of you out big time.

But I believe God can do this, don’t you? In fact, I believe it falls right into His plan and purpose as seen in the ending of this chapter. Look at the rest of the verse. Now we see the method of God’s working. Paul says that God wants to do this “according to the power that works within us.” Who is the “us?” It’s the church! That’s why I dream big about the church!! That’s why I am sold out to the church! That’s why my wife and I give at least 10% of all of our income to the church! It’s through the church, that God wants to work His power. Listen, folks, the local church is the hope of the world!

No comments: