Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Our Church Staff Are Saying About Our Vision Plan (part 3)


Tim Auld – Executive Pastor (pictured)

As I reflect upon the privilege of serving Christ on the Grace Church ministry team, I’m overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude that God has given me the opportunity to be a part of this team that strives to meet and move people for Christ. In culture that sees so many churches in decline, how exciting it is to be a part of a dynamic and growing ministry.

This vision plan is going to grow me (and the church family) spiritually as I (we) will need to depend upon God to see this vision come to fruition in the next five years. To accomplish all we desire to accomplish will be a God thing! Because meeting and moving is our driving force, I cannot help but get excited about the potential of reaching 3000 – 5000 people on any given weekend through our multiple services and campuses with the life changing message of God’s Word. I love serving on this team and rolling up my sleeves with the staff and people of Grace. I get excited to think about how God is going to continue building our staff with new team members that will bring new and innovative skill sets as we utilize technology to achieve our goals. I also get excited to see how God is going to grow our staff spiritually as we have to depend on the Lord together through the implementation of this vision.

I get excited to think about how our building renovations will enhance the ministry objectives of our staff. The ministry staff has such a passion to meet and move people, yet our current facility hinders some of their dreams and desires. To renovate our lobby, create a café, create more office space, build a modern children’s wing and seek out satellite sites will only help us meet and move more people with great cost effectiveness. I love to think about what Grace will look like as a church of small groups as Biblical community is something very special in a world that is so fractured.

I’m thrilled that we are desirous to accomplish more for God by having a laser focus rather than trying to be all things to all people with our ministries. This laser focus is going to help us be good stewards of all that God has entrusted to us and still accomplish so much more for God. I can’t wait to see how God is going to grow me (and others) through our global missions focus that sees two teams sent out yearly. I believe we constantly fight the temptation to become ego-centric and to see God’s hand at work around the world in countries and peoples that have far less then me (us) will radically keep me (us) focused on Christ’s larger redemptive purposes around the globe.

My greatest joy as I reflect upon this five year vision plan rests in my understanding that the only reason I get to be a part of this is because of God’s grace. I am a sinner who deserves hell, yet because of Jesus and his redemptive work upon the cross, I have been rescued from sin and know have the privilege of being involved in the kingdom work and purposes of Christ on a daily basis. I can honestly say that I wake up every morning excited about going to work as each and every day is a new adventure with Christ.

No comments: