Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Starting Christmas Early


I don't know about you, but I am already in the Christmas mood. I know that we are still a week away from Thanksgiving, but I can't help myself. I love Christmas. I have Christmas music playing on my radio and the decorations start going up around the house this week. Two nights ago I watched the cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on television followed by the Holiday comedy movie, "Fred Clause." In fact, it is my goal to watch as many Christmas specials on TV this year as possible.

I've always loved Christmas, but ever since I have had the chance to visit Bethlehem (Israel, not Pennsylvania!), my longing for Christmas is enormous. Once you have stood at the site where Mary gave birth to the Christ-child and walked out in the fields where the angels visited the Shepherds to announce the birth of Jesus, Christmas takes on a whole new intensity. At least it has for me.

And to add white icing to the holiday cake, this year I will most likely get to experience a "White Christmas" now that I live up here in northern Michigan. So let's start Christmas early!

No comments: