Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Can't Wait for Sunday



Today is Tuesday. If my math is correct, that means Sunday is just 5 days away! I can't wait! This Sunday is what we call Ingathering Sunday here at the Gaylord E-Free Church. It will be a very special Sunday for several reasons.

First, this Sunday is the final week in our "Just Add Water" message series. Over the last 2 Sundays we have preached on the topic of baptism, encouraging all those who are attending our church and who have put their faith in Christ but have yet to be baptized since they made that decision, to take that step of faith. We have so many people getting baptized this Sunday that there will be no time for me to preach. Now understand, I live to preach but I will gladly give up my sermon time this Sunday to see so many people taking this exciting step of faith. I can't wait!

Second, this Sunday we will take our Ingathering offering. Our goal is to raise $50,000 in this special offering. The first $30,000 will go to our Elder Fund that is used to help people in our church and in our community who are hurting and to pay the cost for our Food Truck ministry that brings a semi-truck of food to our church each month to give out free of charge to people in need. The remaining $20,000 in our goal will be used for some building improvements in the older wing of our facility. I can't wait!

Third, after the service is over Sunday we will cancel all 2nd hour kids and adult classes and we will all head down to the gymnasium and youth center in order to enjoy a full-blown Thanksgiving Dinner together as a church family! Our staff had our own Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday for lunch. This Sunday we get to do it all over again with our entire church family! I can't wait!

5-days to Ingathering Sunday! I can't wait!

No comments: