Saturday, November 12, 2011

How do you spell baptism?


How do you spell relief?

Remember that commercial? It was a great marketing strategy for Rolaids heartburn and indigestion medicine. Even Major League Baseball got in the act as Rolaids became the sponsor for the "relief pitcher" of the year. Every person in America who watched any amount of TV could answer that question. How do you spell relief?

R-O-L-A-I-D-S

This Sunday here at E-Free, I would like to spend the morning asking a similar style question. This Sunday's questions is,

"How do you spell baptism?"

I actually have been baptized 3 times since I trusted Jesus to be my Savior. The first time was at the age of 8 at the Goodyear Heights Community Church in Akron, Ohio. The second time was when Laura and I began in ministry at Community Grace Brethren Church in West Milton, OH. The final time was in 2006 when on my first trip to Israel I had the thrill of publicly identifying with Christ in the Jordan River, the very river where John the Baptist baptized Jesus.

This Sunday I will share what the Bible teaches about "baptism" by spelling the word out: B-A-P-T-I-S-M! I will be taking each letter in the word "baptism" and using it to stand for a phrase that will help all of us to better understand what baptism is all about. So join us this Sunday as we answer the question,

"How do you spell baptism?"

No comments: