Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Clause Is Feeling Kind Of Down


When I was in college, Scott Wesley Brown came to Liberty one December and did a concert. I wasn't a big fan of Scott Wesley Brown but I went to the concert and his version of "Santa Clause is Coming To Town" has stuck in my head ever since. So, sing along - you know the tune. The beginning is normal but it changes halfway through:

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better no pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Clause is coming to town

He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He's gonna find out
Who's naughty and nice
Santa Clause is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're a wake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake

There's a rumor this year
He's not coming back
The elves went on strike
And the Grinch stole his sack
Santa Clause is feeling kind of down

Dancer and Prancer
They both split the scene
They got all fed up
With that housetop routine
Santa Clause is feeling kind of down

But there's a story to tell
Better than tinsel and tree
It's Christmas' true meaning
And it's for you and me
Someone greater is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He died upon a rugged cross
And all your sins did Jesus take

So, you better repent
You better believe
Turn from you sin
And Jesus receive
Jesus Christ is coming to town

Be sure to read my other blog entitled "Hope For Hurting Pastors" at www.hurtingpastor.blogspot.com or email me directly at skdistler@gmail.com

No comments: