Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Hills Really Are Alive


I have grown to really enjoy the theater. I have had the privilege of seeing a couple of shows on Broadway in New York ("Curtains" and "Wicked")as well as seeing "The Phantom of the Opera" up in Toronto. But for a small city theater experience, nothing beats The Fulton here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We've seen several shows there over the last 6 years and loved most everyone of them.

Last night Laura and I went to see "The Sound of Music" at The Fulton. I got her tickets back this fall for her birthday. What a great show it was. The music - the acting - the props and sets - it was simply outstanding and a great 3 hour experience. Now all those songs are stuck in my head and I will be singing them in the shower and in the car for the next several weeks. In fact, I'm pretty sure I went to bed last night with "Climb Every Mountain" racing through my mind and woke up humming "Do, Re, Mi!"

There are few things better than bundling up on a very cold December evening and heading down into the city for a night at the theater and "The Sound of Music" did not disappoint us at all. And what made it even better is that I got to spend the evening enjoying the show with my wife. I am so glad that we can have these kinds of shared experiences together in areas we both enjoy. Every married couple needs these times. All in all, I couldn't think of a better way to spend a cold, December evening in Lancaster County.

No comments: