Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An Hour With God - Part Two


Yesterday I started sharing with you segments of a 7-part guide I put together for our staff at our last staff meeting as I sent them to find a place to be alone on campus to spend an hour with God. Why not take a few minutes each day this week to do a part of this guide yourself?

Part 2 - Adoration of God’s Glorious Names

Read through the list of names of God below:

Abba Father - Daddy
Yahweh – The God who was, who is, who is to come
Elohim – Father, Son and Spirit
Jehovah Sabbaoth – Lord of Hosts
Jehovah Melech – King of Kings
Jehovah Shalom – Lord of Peace
El Shaddai – God Almighty All Sufficient One
El Elyon – God Most High
Adonai – Master and Lord
Jehovah Nissi – God My Victorious Banner
Jehovah Roi – God Who Sees Me
Jehovah Jireh – God My Provider
Jehovah Tsidkenu – God My Righteousness
Jehovah Mikkadesh – God My Sanctifier
Jehovah Rapha – My Glorious Healer
Ancient of Days
Eternal Creator
Jesus Savior/Messiah
Bright Morning Star
Wonderful
Counselor
Prince of Peace
Lamb of God
All Consuming Fire
Beautiful
My Bridegroom
The Way, The Truth, The Life
Redeemer
Hope of Glory

Which three of these names means the most to you right now in your life and why?

Take time right now to praise God for these three names that you have listed.

2 comments:

Vie said...

1. Abba Father - Daddy
This name has always been so meaningful to me since the first I know Him as a Father. :) I have a SuperGodDaddy and it makes me feel so cool about it. :D

2. Jehovah Jireh
This name is what I put my trust in. I just believe that HE, the creator of this earth and the stars which I always love to stare at, feeds the little birds each morning, why can't HE provide my every needs to work for His vision? :)

3. Wonderful
Just by looking at the stars and at the full moon, I know GOD is far more able to do wondrous things that are easier than making those creations. :)

HE IS ABLE. :D

Cheers!
Viona :)

Pastor Scott said...

Amen, Viona! Amen!