Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Hour With God - Part Five, Six and Seven


This week I am sharing segments of a 7-part guide I put together for our staff at our last staff meeting as I sent them to find a place to be alone on campus to spend an hour with God. Why not take a few minutes each day this week to do a part of this guide yourself?

Part 5 – Spend Time Meditating in God’s Word

Read Hebrews 11

Answer the following questions:

What is one sin I see in this chapter that I should seek to avoid in my life?

What is one promise I see in this chapter that I should seek to claim in my life?

Of all the examples listed in the chapter, which one challenges me the most today? Why?

What is one command I see in this chapter that I should seek to obey in my life?

What is one statement about God seen in this chapter that I should remember?

What is something I saw in this chapter that I had never seen before?

Part 6 – Practicing the Art of Listening

Sit quiet, with your eyes closed, before the Lord for 5 full minutes. During this time ask the Lord to impress on your heart the answers to these questions:

What are you saying to me today?

What is it that you want me to do today?

What are you trying to teach me today?

Part 7 – Journaling

End your time by taking time to write down your thoughts, feelings and impressions from your hour with God.

What did God show you?

What do you need to do now?

No comments: