Friday, May 23, 2008

Inside My Marriage


Today is mine and Laura’s 21st Wedding Anniversary. Twenty-One years ago today we said “I do” standing at the altar of the Temple Baptist Church in Pueblo, Colorado. The past 21 years have been amazing. As we have seen described in our current Super Hero message series through Proverbs 31, I married a Biblical Wonder Woman! Outside of my salvation, she is without question my greatest treasure and most valuable asset. She makes me look good (and boy do I need that!)!

Over the past 21 years there have been some things that have had great significance for our marriage together. I have listed them below. You probably can guess the meaning of many of them but there is absolutely no way that you will understand the significance of all of them (nor should you ask or speculate), but she will! I could list many more but here our a few:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 (KJV)

Worley Prayer Chapel

Fort Flea Market

A Toaster, A Garbage Can, and a Picture Frame

Miami Vice

Gulf Car Wash

Flamingos

Roanoke Mall

Sailing

Christmas Trees

Gloucester Clam Chowder

Boothbay Harbor

Good Samaritan Hospital

Sea of Galilee

Wrapping Christmas Gifts

Grocery Shopping

No comments: