Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting to know the Worship Guy!




Matt McElravy is doing an awesome job as our Worship Arts Director here at Grace Church. It has been a blessing to get to know him and work with him daily. I wanted you to get to know him better as well through his answers to the questions listed below (although after his answer about the genre of music he likes, I may just have to fire him!)

What is your current family status (married/single, children, pets, etc.)? Single

Where do you live? In Ephrata

How long have you been attending Grace Church? Since August of 2006

What do you do for a living? I am the Worship Arts Director here at Grace—sometimes I have to remind myself that what I do really counts as “work”!

What is your favorite food? Anything Mexican

Coke or Pepsi...Coffee or Tea? Coke…Tea

Sunrise or sunset? Sunset—it doesn’t require getting up early to see!

Favorite season (spring, summer, etc.)? Autumn

What are some of your hobbies/pastimes? Playing music, reading, writing, exercising

What is your favorite place on earth? Scotland

Who or what do you most admire, and why? I would say I admire my father more than anyone else. He’s always been an example of Godly leadership in our home, and has shown me what it means to lead a life of integrity, to live for the Lord daily, and how to be a good friend, husband, and father

What is your favorite Bible verse/passage? Psalm 119:32: “I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.”

Do you have a favorite musical genre? If so, what is it? I try to listen to as many different genres as possible (even Country…don’t tell Pastor Scott). But I’d say my favorite is Rock, followed by Jazz

What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I wasn't always just an "artsy musical type"...in fact, I was the MVP of my Jr. High basketball team in 8th grade! …And then I got cut from the Sr. High team the very next year. That’s when I decided it was time to get more serious about music!

No comments: