Friday, June 08, 2007

Operation Barnabas PARENTS






Operation Barnabas will soon have their orientation here at Grace Church. Recently, I sent the following letter (edited for space) to all the parents of these OB students:

Dear Parent of an OB Participant:

Hello from Lititz, PA . My name is Scott Distler and I am the Senior Pastor at Grace Church where this year’s Operation Barnabas orientation will be held. I am thrilled to know that I will be able to meet your teenager and to partner with CE National to see the first few weeks of the 2007 Operation Barnabas summer ministry be the best ones ever.

As someone who was a youth pastor in our Fellowship for nearly 10 years and sent teens from my youth group on OB every summer; and as someone who served for 5 years on the Board of CE National; and as someone who was a Senior Pastor for the past 12 years who has seen first hand the value it is for a local church to send teens on OB; and as someone who just last year was fortunate enough to send my oldest daughter (pictured from OB last summer) on OB and am still witnessing the impact that summer made on her life, I am convinced that this summer will be the most spiritually productive summer that your teenager has ever had.

The reason for this correspondence with you is to simply take the initiative to offer any assistance that I can be to you as the host pastor of this summer’s OB orientation. If you are in need of any information about the Lititz area…hotels, restaurants, stores, points of interest, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me. My desire is to be able to have a ministry to the parents of this year’s OB students as they go through what can be a “bittersweet” time of dropping their student off for the summer. On one hand you will be very excited about what God is going to do in your precious child’s life this summer. On the other hand, it is never easy to “let go” of that one you have cherished all these years. If there is anything I can do to make this step of faith in your life a bit easier, please do not hesitate to contact me. My e-mail address is
skdistler@lgbc.org. You can also feel free to call me at the church (717.626.2155 ).

If your trip to Lititz finds you here over a Sunday, we would love to have you worship with us here at Grace Church. We have two identical Sunday morning services beginning at 9am and then again at 10:45am. Please feel free to spend time becoming more familiar with the ministry of our church that also includes Morningstar Daycare and Lititz Christian School by exploring our webpage at
www.lgbc.org.

Please know that along with praying for your teen, I will also be praying for you! Again, if there is anything I can do to assist your family, I am available to you! While you are in town, please stop by the church office at some point and ask for me. I would love to meet each of you personally. Your teen is in for a life-changing summer!

Believing God for Great Things!

No comments: