Monday, June 25, 2007

Meet the Ministry Staff (part 1)



We are so blessed here at Grace Church to have such a tremendous staff. One of the best parts of my ministry here is the people that I get to work with day in and day out to see us as a ministry meet people where they are and help to move them to where God wants them to be. Let me take the next several blog entries to introduce you more intimately to the ministry staff we have here at Grace! As you read each one, why not take a moment to pray for them that God would continue to bless their lives, families and ministry.

Scott Distler
Title: Senior Pastor
Length on Staff: Since August 2004
Place of Education: Liberty University
First Job: Playing my trumpet for military funerals
Childhood Ambition: Being a detective
Fondest Memory: My trip to Israel
I love my job because it is exactly what God has called me to do

Andrew Norton (pictured with wife, Beth)
Title: Business Manager
Length on Staff: Since October 1998
Biggest Challenge: Balancing our bank accounts
Place of Education: Philadelphia College of the Bible
First Job: Scrubbing moss off driveways in our neighborhood
Fondest Memory: Being one of the natives with my Filipino friends in the Philippines
I love my job because each day I get to see God at work and figure out how to join Him

Matt McElravy
Title: Interim Worship Arts Director
Place of Education: Millersville University
Biggest Challenge: Determining exactly how I fit into my role in ministry
Childhood Ambition: A professional baseball player or a navy aviator
First Job: Picking and cleaning fruit and vegetables on a produce farm
Fondest Memory: Traveling through Scotland
I love my job because I get to lead people into worship of their Creator

Doug Kegarise
Title: Director of Student Ministries
Length on Staff: Since August 2006
Place of Education: Grace College
Childhood Ambition: A fireman or a star on Broadway
Biggest Challenge: Balancing life and ministry
First Job: Framing artwork at a custom framing shop
I love my job because everything I do is beneficial to our teens and ultimately, God

No comments: