Saturday, January 12, 2013

Current Studies and Series

For me, one of the best parts of being a pastor is the many teaching/preaching opportunities I get to have.  I love studying and sharing God's Word.  Currently, here are the different studies that I am part of in my ministry here at the Gaylord E-Free Church:

JOSEPH:  On Sunday mornings I am preaching through the life of the Old Testament character, Joseph.  This Sunday will be message #2 in an 11-part series.

PSALM 139:  Beginning Monday I am going to take the next 4 weeks in our Staff Prayer Time to take our total staff (pastors, ministry staff, office staff and custodial staff) through the amazing chapter of Psalm 139 as we see how great our God is through His omniscience, His omnipresence, His omnipotence and His holiness.

INFLUENCE:  Beginning this Monday night I will lead our Leadership Team through John Maxwell's book, "Developing the Leader Within You."  The first chapter of this book is on the topic of "influence."

PRIORITIES:  I already took our Ministry Staff through the first chapter of the same book by Maxwell,  I will now be continuing this study with them as we go through chapter two on the topic of "priorities."

SEVEN CHURCHES:  I am not leading this one, but our Elder Chairman is currently taking our Elder Board through a study on the "Seven Churches of Revelation 2-3."  As we look at each church we are discussing how our church compares and what we can learn from each about the type of church God wants our church to be.

STUDYING AHEAD:  I also am actively studying for the series that will follow our current series on Joseph including a special 2-week series on Palm Sunday and Easter that we are calling, "Good News!" and a five week series that will follow Easter on the topic of "You and Your Money" as we see from Scripture what our attitude should be in regard to our money and Greed; our money and Government; our money and Generosity; our money and Giving; and our money and God.

No comments: