Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Change Your DAY or Change Your LIFE?


Easter is just a few days away now. This will be my first Easter here in northern Michigan. It will be a bit harder to hide the colorful plastic Easter Eggs up here as the ground is covered with snow as another "winter storm" invades what I think is supposed to be "spring." Yet, I have heard that here in Gaylord, Michigan, they have seen snow in every month of the calendar year in the past. Fortunately, the weather doesn't change the significance of Easter. So what will you do this Easter?


New clothes?


Easter Baskets?


Color Easter Eggs?


Hunt Easter Eggs?


Attend Church?


Family Dinner?


My guess is that this Sunday will be a change of pace for you over your typical Sundays. And well it should be! I like all that stuff listed above - its' great! It's Easter! Let's pull out all the stops! Let's celebrate! But as we move closer and closer to Easter 2011, let me leave you with one question to really ponder over the next several days"


Will this Easter simply change your "DAY" or will it change your "LIFE"? Jesus didn't defeat death to simply change your "DAY" this Sunday! He came up out of that grave to change your "LIFE" and to change it for all of "ETERNITY"! Now that is something really worth celebrating!

4 comments:

gailwetmore@yahoo.com said...

AMEN! My favorite holiday! My Savior lives! He is risen indeed!

trendsbytracey said...

I was a "guest" at Grace Church one Easter Sunday that changed my life. You told that amazing story in a way that has made me want to know more.
Wonder how many families you will hook this week with that bit of history?? Happy Easter to you and your family :-). Tracey D.

Pastor Scott said...

Amen indeed, Gail! ANd because He lives we too shall live! Can't wait for Sunday!

Pastor Scott said...

Thanks, Tracey! What an encouragement you have been to me. May this Easter be even more meaningful to you and your family! Blessings!