Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Candle of Hope




Tuesday night I had the joy of attending the fundraising banquet for the New Life Pregnancy Resource Center that was held here at the E-Free Church. Though a winter storm was dumping upwards of another foot of snow on northern Michigan outside, the program inside was amazing.

I loved listening to the two testimonies of the two young ladies whose lives, pregnancies, and ultimately babies, were greatly impacted through the Center. I was able to sit at the table that one of these young ladies was at for the dinner with her two wonderful children. How amazing!

The Executive Director spoke for a few minutes on how God has used the Center over the past year and what their vision was for the future. I love to see people with passion. I get excited when I see people who have big dreams for God. D.L. Moody once said, "If God be your partner, make your plans large!" This lady has done just that. Her vision for the Center is HUGE and I have already begun asking God to give it to her and more. After all, He is a God who can do immeasurably more than anything we could ever ask or imagine!

As I sat at the banquet, I was reminded of what I heard Dr Falwell say many times in my four years at Liberty. He would say, "Don't curse the darkness unless you are willing to light a candle of hope!" The New Life Pregnancy Resource Center is just that - a candle of hope! It was a joy to empty out my wallet that night for the offering so that even more abortion-minded ladies can find the hope of life through this wonderful ministry!!

No comments: