Sunday, November 01, 2009

Your Pastor Is RIPPED!

As you know, I am participating in this year's Race for Education on Friday, November 20 with a personal goal of raising $20,000 for Lititz Christian School (a ministry of Grace Church) as part of their need to raise $250,000 this school year in order to ender their fiscal year with a balanced budget. But I am going above and beyond in my participation...or should I say, "up, up and away!" The students will particiapte for 45 minutes, I will go 25% longer (one full hour)! The students will participate indoors, I will be outdoors for the entire time to matter what the weather (cold, rain, snow, hail, sleet, tornado, hurricane or tsunamai)! The students will participate in their gym clothes, I will particpate dressed as SUPERMAN like I did when I preached back in June of 2008 as part of our Super Heroes messages series.

The SUPERMAN costume I used in June of 2008 when I preached was no longer available to me so I had to purchase one for the upcoming Race for Education. It is pictured above hanging in my office where it will remain hanging until I put it on for the very first time November 20th. I figured, if I have to buy a SUPERMAN outfit to wear on that day I may as well look ripped! In fact, I may start wearing this under my normal clothes all the time!!

Please keep praying with me that I will reach my goal of $20,000 in pledges. Currently I am 46% of the way there with 22 days left until the big day! If you would like to sponsor me by making a flat donation to Lititz Christian School to help me reach my goal as SUPERMAN, simply e-mail me at skdistler@lgbc.org and let me know the amount of your pledge and I will reply to you with more information.

3 comments:

Tina said...

And all along we thought you just ripped on. Not that you were ripped! :)

Pastor Scott said...

Well, Tina, both usages of the word might just be true!!!!

Nelson Peters said...

Pretend is great; but you do not need to wear a Superman Suit to powerful. Just being a fully developed follower of Jesus Christ make you full of His power.

Just like the picture some people hang it up during the week only to put the suit on for Sundays.

Everyday is a Superman day!