Sunday, November 08, 2009

It Is Amamzing How Quiet 110,000 People Can Be!


I was there Saturday and I loved it! I also learned two things. First, I learned how LOUD 110,000 people can be! Second, and even more amazing, I learned how quiet 110,000 people can quickly become!

Yes, I am savoring the win of my beloved Buckeyes, but no, I am not wearing my Ohio State sweatshirt to preach in this morning. Why? Three reasons. First, I sweat like a mad dog when I preach and that heavy red sweatshirt would be way too hot. Second, I am trying to practice mercy, a spiritual characteristics that doesn't come easy for me. Third, though I would love wearing my Ohio State apparel this morning, I know it would most likely distract from a powerful passage we are looking at this morning from Ephesians 3. So, I will make ministry the main thing this morning at the same level of priority that Ohio State made kicking Penn State's tail the main thing yesterday!