Monday, November 09, 2009

SUPERMAN UPDATE - 48% THERE

As you know, if you have been following my blog, that I am participating in the fund-raiser for Lititz Christian School (LCS is a ministry of our church) called Race for Education in order to help them raise funds. LCS must raise $250,000 this academic year to end the year in the black. Their goal is to raise $75,000 through this initial fund-raiser. It is my goal to raise $20,000 for LCS through my involvement.

During the Race for Education students walk or run for 45 minutes, getting pledges in advance for people to sponsor them in their participation. Due to the later date of this event, this activity will be held inside. Well, I am participating in an expanded way. First, I will go 25% longer than the students (1 full hour). Second, I will do my walking outside on November 20th no matter what the weather (cold, rain, snow, etc.). And finally, I will do my walking dressed in a full SUPERMAN outfit.

So far I have received pledges from 56 people or couples for a total of $9,635.00 total which has me 48% of the way to my $20,000.00 goal. The average amount of pledges I have received is $172.00 that have ranged from 2 people who each sponsored me for $2,000.00 and 2 people who each sponsored me for $10.00. Below is the breakdown of the pledges I have received:

2 - $2,000
1 - $1,000
2 - $500
1 - $300
1 - $250
5 - $200
9 - $100
14 - $50
1 - $35
1 - $30
12 - $25
5 - $20
2 - $10

I appreciate each and every person who is sponsoring me no matter what the amount. I realize that all amounts are a sacrifice. Thank you! If you would like to join my sponsorship team and help get me to my goal by sponsoring me with a flat donation to Lititz Christian School, please send me an e-mail (skdistler@lgbc.org) with the amount of your pledge and I will reply to you with more information.

AND ONE MORE THING – WE ARE WORKING ON HAVING A LIVE FEED BROADCAST FROM LITITZ CHRISTIAN SCHOOL ON NOV 20 SO EVERYONE CAN WATCH ME, AS SUPERMAN, IN THE RACE FOR EDUCATION VIA THE INTERNET.

No comments: