Saturday, September 12, 2009

Got Wet...Saw History


After a day walking around in the rain around Times Square in Manhattan and having dinner at ESPN Zone, I was able to go with my wife and friends to New Yankees Stadium. After a 90 minute rain delay, we sat in more rain watching the game. How awesome it was, however, to watch as Derek Jeter, the Yankee captain, got a base hit in the third inning to pass Lou Gehrig as the all-time leading hits record in Yankee history. Obviously, I am young enough that I never got to see the likes of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Lou Gehrig play, but I did witness baseball history last night and I loved it!

And what was the icing on the cake? THE YANKEE's LOST! Listen, I love baseball and I was thrilled to witness baseball history last night, but I still hate the Yankees!

No comments: