Monday, May 04, 2009

Danger, Grace Staff, Danger! (spiritual apathy)


Danger #3 – SPIRITUAL APATHY

We have already seen that arrogance and negativity can cause our ministry harm as we move forward at full throttle in meeting as many people as possible right where they are and helping to move them to where God wants them to be. Now, it is time to talk about one of our greatest dangers…spiritual apathy. So, Grace Staff, it’s time to be honest. Are any of these statements true about you?

I do not read my Bible every day!

I do not spend quality time every day talking with God!

I do not have anyone that keeps me accountable spiritually!

I am doing nothing to strengthen my marriage!

I am not spending quality time with my kids!

I have not shared my faith with someone in months!

I am committing the same sin over and over on a regular basis!

I can’t even remember the last time I memorized a verse of Scripture!

I have access to the internet with no restrictions!

I regularly watch things on TV or rent movies that are questionable!

I am allowing a certain habit to control me!

I have no one individual that I am pouring into spiritually!

The only time I worship is in church on Sunday!

I am more passionate about something earthly than I am Jesus!

I doubt very seriously that any of us on staff got through all 14 statements unscathed. I know I didn’t. But how many of these statements were true about you right now in your life. How can we pour into others spiritually when we are struggling with spiritual apathy ourselves? So here is what I am asking you to do. Share with another staff member which of these 14 statements are true about you right now. Ask them to pray with you and for you. Let’s drive spiritual apathy out of the our office and our team.

2 comments:

Larry Crull said...

Hi Pastor Scott! I just wanted to let you know that I wanted to use your list of statements for the ABF that I am in. I really like them and would like to see our class look through this. Thanks.

Pastor Scott said...

Awesome, Larry! Blessings to you, bro!