Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime - Day 1


This morning at 4am the bus pulled out of the church parking lot and our trip of a lifetime to Egypt, Jordan and Israel began. There are 52 people total in our tour group with half of them made up of folks from Grace Church. Our itinerary today includes a breakfast buffet on the way to Reagan International Airport in Washington DC where we take a short flight to JFK in New York and then it is a direct flight from their to Egypt! Our flight from NY to Cairo is scheduled for about 13 hours in the air! All of our flights for this trip will be onb Delta Airlines.



This is the second trip for Laura and I to the Holy Land. We had the thrill of going two years ago. I am more excited about the trip this time for two reasons. First, because I believe that I will learn even more on my second adventure to the Land of the Bible than I did the first time. And second, because both sets of parents are taking the trip with us. Laura's parents (Jack and Kathie Day who live in Colorado) and my parents (Chuck and Ellen Distler who live in Florida) will be experiencing this trip with us. How cool is that?



Thanks for your prayers for us for safety and for spiritual renewal and refreshement! We get back on November 12!