Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thank You, BILL! Thank You, DAVID!


Last week nearly 50 people from Grace Church, including most of our staff and many of our Elders and ministry leaders, attended the Leadership Summit which was held via satellite at LCBC. The Leadership Summit is a ministry of Bill Hybels and the Willow Creek Association out of South Barrington, Illinois, near Chicago. What an outstanding two days the Summit was for all of us.

The Summit kicked off and ended with Bill Hybels speaking. I think everyone has a speaker or two that every time they hear them causes them to be inspired and their vision and passion to be increased. For me, this speaker is Bill Hybels. I have never heard him in which my spiritual batteries did not get recharged and my desire to be a strong leader of a local church that is meeting people where they are and moving them to where God wants them to be has not been deepened. I am looking forward to grabbing his new book, Axioms, and reading it real soon.

The rest of the Summit was also just as phenomenal with leaders from so many walks of life challenging us to lead where we are at. If I could have just 2 minutes to speak one on one with Bill Hybels, I would like to personally thank him for all that he has done to help leaders like me to develop and to increase in our effectiveness and our passions.

I also would like to thank David Ashcraft, Pastor of LCBC, and his entire team of volunteers for taking the time to host this wonderful event. The amount of time, energy and resources it takes to pull of such an endeavor is quite an undertaking. I appreciate David’s passion and willingness to use his ministry and the facility that God has blessed them with to invest into the lives of so many other churches and ministries in the area. I have had the privilege of communicating with David Ashcraft on a couple of occasions and have been amazed with his humility and his willingness to serve. So let me take this time to say thank you to David, the elders, staff and volunteers of LCBC who did such an excellent job in hosting this great event.

Take time to check out Pastor Tim’s blog (http://enrouteontheway.blogspot.com/) for August 7-8 as he lists the main principles he took away from each session of the Summit. If you have never experienced the Leadership Summit, then I encourage you to set aside August 6-7 of next summer and plan to be part. You will be amazed at the way the Spirit of God uses the Summit to energize, rejuvenate and grow you into a more effective leader. Just think of how our church would be positively effected if every person who leads in any area would attend the Leadership Summit and become even better equipped to lead with diligence.

So on behalf of myself and Grace Church, “Thank you, Bill, for your passion for leadership and for your vision to help us become more effective in our callings. And thank you, David, for your servanthood and ministry to us in sharing your facility so that we can afford to take far more people from our ministry to the Leadership Summit than we would be able to take if we all had to go to Chicago!” I appreciate you both!

No comments: