Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's In A Man's Pockets?


They say you can learn a lot about a man by what he keeps in his pockets. On the night Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while attending Ford’s Theater, the contents of his pockets were interesting:

2 pairs of spectacles

2 pocket knives

1 watch fob

1 handkerchief
Confederate Money

Several newspaper clippings


Many of the newspaper clippings were those that spoke positive about his leadership. So why would a president that most today would call one of the greatest presidents in American history have to carry newspaper clippings in his pocket that were favorable toward his leadership? The answer may be because most leaders only hear from their critics and, as a result, are often filled with insecurity and doubt about their own leadership.

So if you can learn a lot about a man from what’s in his pockets, I have decided to stop typing and empty my pockets and wallet and see what I’m carrying...Here is what I have in my pockets as I type. What do you think it says about me?

A pill case filled with Tic Tacs
An empty money clip
A master key and key fob to Grace Church
Driver’s license
Bank debit card
Several credit cards
A gas receipt from Sheetz
Grace Brethren Ministers ID card
Several of my business cards
AAA Membership Card
Health Insurance ID Card
$15 JC Penney Gift Card
Sheet Coffee Club Card
Inter League Athletic Pass
ACE Rewards Card
Brickerville House Breakfast Club Card

No comments: