Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Looking Back to Christmas


It’s been almost two weeks since Christmas, but I still like looking back on the Holiday with a lot of joy. Below are some of my best Christmas memories from 2008:

O Holy Night by the High School choir at the Lititz Christian School Christmas Concert!

Our Messy Christmas message series that God really used as we communicated that Jesus is a gift to the lonely; to the desperate; to the messy; and to the aging!

An early dinner at Olive Garden before our Christmas Eve services at the church!

1,300 people attending one of our 3 Christmas Eve services!

My daughter, Joy, being home from college!

My parents being with us from Florida for the Holiday!

My wife and I wrapping all of our gifts in the Church office the Sunday evening before Christmas!

Giving all of our staff here at church a lottery ticket for Christmas (don’t worry…I reminded them that the tithe on gambling winnings is a 25% minimum)!

Delivering homemade chocolate covered pretzels to our nine closest neighbors!

The chocolate covered red velvet balls brought to us by our neighbor down the street!

Embarrassing my son with the really big book I gave my wife on Christmas morning!

Having my kids buy me really good presents with their own money since they both have jobs! Praise the Lord!

Getting the very expensive olive wood carving of The Good Shepherd that my wife sneakily bought for me behind my back while we were in Bethlehem (Israel)!

Getting an Ohio State cup from my son; Ohio State slippers from my wife; and Ohio State coasters for my car and an Ohio State toothbrush from Santa!

Giving each of my family members “The Last Gift of Christmas” right before bed on Christmas night (a tradition I started when we moved to Lititz)!

Feeling my very first earthquake (3.3 on the Richter scale) at 12:04am on Saturday, December 27! That was so cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are really going to have to get you a bigger earthquake if you thought 3.3 was cool. :-)

Pastor Scott said...

Ah...to you Californians it was harldy a bump but for those of us who have never lived west of the Mississippi, it was a violent shaking!