Friday, February 09, 2007

Before...After


What a thrill it was last Sunday to see dozens of people walk across our stage at the end of the message each holding a card showing how God has used Grace Church to "meet them where they are and move them to where God wants them to be." On one side of the card they were holding was written a statement describing what their life use to be like. They then flipped the card over and on the other side was a statement describing what their life is like now. I don’t think I have ever been more moved and more impacted in a worship service. Below is what some of the cards said:

Couldn’t tame my mouth…My mouth worships God
Ashamed of my past…Free through the blood of Christ
Couldn’t find happiness…Found joy in Christ
Thought I was religious…Now I have a relationship
Pursuing the American dream…Living for something bigger
Knew Jesus loved me…Now He’s in my heart!
Ran away from God…He unconditionally took me back!
Didn’t like church…Can’t wait for Sundays!
Going thru the motions…Living on purpose
Partying…Self pleasures…”Getting all I could live for today”
Chaos…Calm
Selfishly Sinned…Forever Forgiven
Tragedies!!! – Why me?!?!...Understanding God’s purpose for my life
Living life for Pleasure…Eternal Hope in Christ!
Searching for Something…Hope found in Christ
Unfaithfulness, broken marriage…Forgiveness and mercy Restored!
Broken hearted…Healed by God’s Grace
Broken Marriage because of lies…Mended Marriage because of God!
I did it my way…I’m loving it God’s way!
I thought I had everything I needed…Found out God is all that I need
Unsure of what is right…courage to act on convictions
Had God in a Box…He is in all of my life now!
Seeking for God…God is seeking me
Insecure…Assured
All about ME…All about HIM
Worried about what others thought…Learning only God’s view matters
Anxious…Trusting God more & more
Used to be a “Sunday” Christian…Now I live everyday for Him
Our lives were structured with chaos…structured with God’s purpose
I was learning bad habits…Now I teach Sunday school
Complacent…Motivated
The Bible…Just a book…Now Livin’ it out…more than a Book!
Severed Marriage…Reconciled Marriage
Giving into lust…Now fighting the battle with God & accountability

No comments: