Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Greatest Quality of a Superhero


This past week I went with my kids to see the new Spiderman movie.  Before my son goes back to college we will no doubt go see the new Batman movie as well.  Frankly, these aren't my favorite type of movies but I did actually stay awake through all of Spiderman.  That is quite the accomplishment for me.  Typically, I never make it through any movie I watch at the cinema without falling asleep.  I do real good until the popcorn runs out (to be honest, the popcorn is the main reason I go to the movies) but once the last kernel has been popped into my mouth, I usually am asleep within minutes.


Spiderman - Superman...those are cool superheroes.  Look at what all they can do:

More powerful than a locomotive
Climbs buildings like a spider
Leaps small buildings in a single bound
Shoots webs from their wrists and swings from building to building
Stops speeding bullets with their hands
Has "Spidey senses"

WOW!  No wonder they are superheroes.

But this week I was reminded of real superheroes.  I am speaking of those who defend our country abroad, even putting themselves in harms way, far removed from their families. And then there are those who put on badges and protect us every day here at home or who are willing to rush into burning buildings to save lives.

But I was reminded just recently of another type of a superhero.  That's the person who is willing to admit when they have made a mistake, humble themselves and apologize.  That takes guts!  That takes boldness!  That takes a superhero in my book!

Look up in the air, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

Are you a Superhero?

No comments: