Friday, July 20, 2012

Some of my old favorites


I get excited about every Sunday but this Sunday has me extra excited.  Not only are we starting a brand new message series but this Sunday I get the thrill of leading the worship in our Classic Service.

 Here at Gaylord E-Free we have two styles of service on Sunday.  Our Contemporary Service which is held in the Gospel Center is just that – contemporary in style, music and atmosphere.  But we also have what we call our Classic Service which is more traditional in flavor.

Once a month I get to lead the worship in the Classic Service.  We have two wonderful and dedicated ladies (Jody and Jana) who work very hard to do all of the scheduling and pick out all of the music for our Classic Service.  Typically they give me the songs that they have selected and those are the ones that we use on the Sunday I lead worship.  But this Sunday will be a tad bit different.

This Sunday Jana and Jody have asked me to pick some of my favorite songs for this week’s Classic Service and to share why each of them are special to me.  So this Sunday we will be singing the following songs in our Classic Service in the Chapel here at Gaylord E-Free.  Come join us!



The Lily of the Valley (my favorite hymn as a child)

All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name (my favorite hymn as an adult)

A medley of some of my favorite older choruses including What a Mighty God we Serve; Praise the Name of Jesus; and We Are Standing on Holy Ground

There is a Redeemer (A song recorded by one my all-time favorite musicians, Keith Green, whose music kept me focused on the Lord during my teenager years)

And we will end with Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (a song I have sang more than once standing with a family around the bed of a loved one who has just passed on to eternity).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think most of us have favorite hymns that when we hear, we can close our eyes and reflect on His glory, and our position in Him. Mine would have to be "It Is Well" not just for the words and melody, but the story behind it.