Tuesday, December 09, 2008

More M&M Stories


Yesterday I shared with you the satisfaction that I get from Personal M&M Stories. If you are not sure what that means, be sure to go back and ready my posting from yesterday. Today, allow me to share two more sweet stories with you.

I met last week with a man and two of his four sons. I was supposed to meet with the whole family but two of the kids were sick so mom was home with them. The family moved to Pennsylvania about a year ago. The dad was able to find a job where he met another man who attended Grace and who invited he and his family to attend. About a month ago they visited and were so captivated by the service that though it is a 35-40 minute drive to church for them one way, they kept coming every Sunday. He came in to talk to me about some questions he had about the Bible.

I took this gentleman through the plan of salvation. When I finished I asked him if there had been a time in his life when he sincerely put his faith in the fact that Jesus was God, died for his sins, rose from the dead and was the only way to heaven. He quickly said, “YES”! I asked him when he did that. His answer was, “About 10 seconds ago as you explained it to me and my heart was crying out, ‘I believe that’!” I then led him in a prayer verbalizing his faith to the Lord. One of his sons also trusted Christ that night.

The next day a man from the church asked to meet with myself, Pastor Tim, Pastor Steve and Matt McElravy. He wanted to share with us in detail how God has used Grace Church in his life over the past 4 years and the life of his wife and kids. He took us through the different message series and the different emphasis (like the Bible Reading Challenge) and described for us in detail how God used each of them to meet he and his wife where they were and help move them to where God wanted them to be. He wanted us to know the difference that Grace Church was making in his life and the life of his family.

One of our senior citizens contact me through a very sweet note last week to let me know that she is learning more about the Bible now than every before in her life. How precious is that! Another person wrote the following note to me:

This note comes with heartfelt gratitude. Friends invited me to come worship here at Grace last summer and I have been attending on a regular basis ever since. I have never felt the love I feel here at any other church. My life feels different even though there are many things not complete or whole in my life. I feel Grace Church is helping to complete me personally and spiritually. I praise God every day for my new found life. I thank Him often for my friends and my new church home.

MEETING people where they are and MOVING them to where God wants them to be. What else is there? It’s really true. The local church is the hope of the world and there is nothing like the local church when the local church is working right!

No comments: