Saturday, July 26, 2008

Conference Update #1


Hi Everyone!

It is just before midnight on Saturday.

I arrived in Florida via Charlotte on Thursday afternoon and spent Thursday night and Friday night with my parents who live in Lakeland, FL. It also allowed me to make a visit to my Grandma on my mom's side who is in a nursing home also in Lakeland. Grandma did not look good at all. She did recognize me but it also appeared that she had recently had some more mini strokes. Chances are very good that this was probably my last visit with my Grandma this side of heaven.

I arrived at the Innisbrook Golf Resort in Palm Harbor, Florida near Tampa Bay today in time for the kick off session of the conference. Dan Gregory, who has pastored our Columbia City, Indiana Grace Brethren Church for the past 14 years spoke on the need for us to cast our nets from Luke 5. Dan did a great job as he talked about the fact that we can't simply do servant projects as a gimmick to get people into our church. Rather, we must serve because we are servants!

Matt McElravy and I enjoyed some good eating today at Sonny's BBQ for lunch and at Joe's Crab Shack later that evening for dinner. We also spent some time down at the St Petersburg Pier.

Pastor Whitie is also already here with his wife. Tomorrow we pick up Doug Kegarise and Pastor Tim from the airport as well. Others from our church are here including Nelson Peters, Marlin and Sue Weaver, and Dr Young and Loreen.

Tomorrow we will hear twice in main sessions from Mark Cahill. I will speak on Monday morning and we will be visiting a Hindu Temple later that afternoon.

Enjoy worshipping back at Grace on Sunday on our new floor! I sure wish I could be there. I know that you will enjoy the music of Lisa McCoy and be inspried as Mike Lutz shares on Small Group Ministry!

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: