Wednesday, April 07, 2010

My Easter Reflections - Part 2


Easter here at Grace Church actually started on Saturday with our 5pm service which was the first of four identical Easter Celebrations we had. This was the day that included all of our final rehearsals as well so I was at the church by 2pm so that we were ready for our pre-meeting at 2:45 and then sound checks and rehearsals which began at 3pm. Saturday night was then the first of four tremendous worship celebrations. Everything went exactly as planned. If there were any major glitches I am not aware of them.

Our First Impressions teams greeted everyone with friendliness and enthusiasm!
Our Educational Ministries arranged complimentary coffee for all as they arrived!
Our Facility team had our building in absolute tip-top shape!
Our Worship Arts Department had a great themed set in our theater in the round!
Our Bands were tight and the Worship Choir and Vocalists were outstanding!
Our sound, lighting and media techs all were at the top of their game!
Our office staff had all the logistics well under control!
Our children’s staff and volunteers were absolutely wonderful in their ministry!

What a thrill it was to watch people pour into all four services. The lowest amount in the auditorium was still 418 (which was our 11:30 Sunday morning service). When you add in all the numbers, it was the largest attended weekend in the history of our church with over 2,500 people on our campus for these four services. Plus there were many others who watched our 10am Sunday service live on the web. I am still floored at how God would use us in the little town of Lititz, PA to meet literally thousands of people over the last two weekends (4,800+ at the Egg Hunt and 2,500+ over Easter) right where they are and help move them to where He wants them to be. Praise the Lord!

The rest of Easter was a family time. Laura and the kids and I went home after the final service and had our Easter dinner out on the back deck – ham, deviled eggs, and pasta salad. Speaking of the outdoors, I think this was the best weather I have ever experienced on Easter in my entire life. In fact, after dinner, we headed out to Strasburg to play miniature golf. The weather was perfect and we had the entire course to our selves. We played 24 holes. I have to be honest – usually I win (no matter how hard my son tries to beat me) but Sunday, I was so whipped by the time we hit the first hole that I ended up in third place, barely beating my daughter (who always loses at putt-putt) by just 2 strokes.

Then it was back home to relax for the rest of the evening. And to top off a wonderful holiday it was also the first Major League Baseball game of the season. I enjoyed watching the Yanks battle the Red Sox. My family even watched some of the game with me – I think that’s a first. It was probably due to the fact that I splurged for pizza! I didn’t make it through the whole game. At the top of the 7th I had to go to bed even though the score was tied. I was so glad to wake up the next morning and find out that the Yankees lost! Now that’s fitting. Sunday morning I awoke to celebrate the fact that Jesus defeated death and Monday morning I awoke to celebrate the fact that the Yankees had been defeated as well. What a Easter!

No comments: