Monday, February 01, 2010

Morning and Evening Gold Medal Prayers


Today is February 1st and begins our second monthly prayer challenge in our Year of Prayer. This challenge is in conjunction with our new series we will be going through on Sunday mornings in February that we are calling, "Love: Go For The Gold," as we see what we could call the "gold medal" command that Jesus gave to His followers. As a result, our prayer challenge for the month of February is to ask each person associated with the Grace Church family to start each day in February by reading a specific passage of Scripture each and every morning and then doing the same each and every evening with a different passage of Scripture and prayer.

Every Morning Read This Passage And Pray This Prayer:

"Hear O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is One! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)

"Father, today help me to love You with everything that I am and everything that I have. In Jesus name, Amen."

Every Evening Read This Passage And Pray This Prayer:

"You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:18)

"Father, tomorrow help me to love everyone I meet and pass by as I would want others to love me. In Jesus name, Amen."

No comments: