Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ENEMY QUOTES


I have been thinking a lot lately about enemies. This is mainly due to the fact that “loving our enemies” is the topic of the message that I am preaching this Sunday here at Grace. In fact, in my blog tomorrow I am going to write about the question, “Who are my enemies?” But today let me share some quotes I found about enemies. I am not taking the time to share who said or wrote the quote – just giving the quote itself. After you read them ask yourself this question – “Which of these quotes did I find most applicable to my life right now?” I put my answer at the bottom:

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

The face of the enemy frightens me only when I see how much it resembles me

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks

I have no trouble with my enemies. But my friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.

“An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes.”

He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself

It takes your enemy and your friend, working together to hurt you to the heart; the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Enemies are so stimulating.

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names

I asked you at the beginning of the post which of these quotes you found to be the most applicable to your life right now. After all, we all have enemies. For me it is this one:

“An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes.”

No comments: