Monday, September 17, 2012

God Even Works During Intermission!


Remember when Moses approached the presence of God through the burning bush and God told him to remove his sandals because he was standing on holy ground? This morning in our weekly staff prayer time that we have each Monday I felt like I should have taken my shoes off because the presence of God was so real and the prayer time we had was so special. It was also good to have Pastor Jim joining us for the first time since his recent back surgery. God is so good and we are all amazed and very humbled at what He is doing in and through Gaylord E-Free Church.

Just to give you one snapshot as to how God is working, let me share with you a portion of an email I received today from one of our Children's Workers.  To give you some backdrop, we have two service times on Sundays.  During our first service we have our Kids Sunday School program.  During our second service we have what we call our Kids Church program.  In between we have a special 30 minute activity time in the gym while parents who attended the first service pick up their kids and parents who are attending the second service drop off their kids.  Not only is God using our Kids Sunday School and Kids Church ministries, He is even using that 30-minute time-frame in between as evidenced in this email:


I would like to say what a great direction I feel the Sunday mornings are going in Children’s Ministry, especially in the middle period since this is the area I have been most involved in.  I have to be honest when I first heard of how Children’s Ministry was going to work in a 2 service format I had many doubts. My main doubt was how we were going to entertain a large group of children, of a wide range of ages for 30 minutes. That is a long time to keep a child’s attention span but even more a long time to create a child to wanting to come back another week and do it again. 

I made a point this past Sunday to try to interact with each child either individually or in a group. During this period I did not hear one child say they were bored or one child sitting on the sidelines because they thought the activities were dumb. This to me is amazing, but there is something even more amazing about this situation. Instead of children complaining they were not able to do something or that they did not have anything fun to do, Children were asking me what activities they were going to get to do next week, commenting on how much fun they were having with their certain activity, and wanting to play with the activities even longer.

This time period in our Sunday morning is really creating relationships for kids with each other and for all the volunteers, that I pray is impacting the Kingdom of God. I continue to pray that God blesses the E-free church in growth so that we can see more and more children excited to come to church each Sunday, and more importantly learn the Word of God and just how awesome Our God is.

No comments: