Thursday, August 23, 2012

A MAP for Evangelism


In First Corinthians 9:19-22 we see Paul's passion for evangelism.  Juts look at some of his words:

"Though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all so that I may win more!" (v19)

"To the Jews I became a Jew so that I might win Jews!" (v20)

"To those who are under the Law, as under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law!" (v20)

"To those who are without law, as without law so that I might win those who are without law!" (v21)

"To the weak I became weak that I might win the weak!" (v22)

"I have become all things to all men so that I may be all means save some!" (v22)

Look at the words that are repeated:

"That I may win" (v19)

"That I may win" (v20)

"That I may win" (used a second time in v20)

"That I might win" (v21)

"That I might win" (used a second time in v21)

There seems to be a common denominator for all of Paul's actions, doesn't there?

And look at the one word that is repeated just in the last part of verse 22:

"ALL things"

"ALL men"

"ALL means"

So if you want to wrap up the whole passage you could say that Paul gives us "A MAP" for evangelism.  The re are four letters in the words "A MAP" and each one of them stands for a word used in making an acronym.  In First Corinthians 9:19-22, Paul gives us "A MAP" for Evangelism which is to win

A = As

M = Many

A = As

P = Possible

No comments: